I’ll probably have to defer until this summer mastering the intricacies of “The New Statistics” championed by Geoff Cumming. I want to avoid throwing the baby out with the bath water as I attend to blend the revolution in data analysis into my courses. However, here is a first attempt to introduce the concept, calculation, and interpretation of effect sizes into my teaching. Below the screen cast are five very useful effect size online calculators.
Here are five effect size calculators I have found useful enough to share with my students in Psychology 205.
Effect Size Calculators
- Becker: http://www.uccs.edu/~lbecker/
- Hong Kong http://www.polyu.edu.hk/mm/effectsizefaqs/calculator/calculator.html
- Campbell Collaboration: http://www.campbellcollaboration.org/resources/effect_size_input.php
- Psychometrica http://www.psychometrica.de/effect_size.html
- Cognitive Flexibility http://www.cognitiveflexibility.org/effectsize/