Although I see that PowerPoint continues to be among the top ten learning tools identified by Jane Hart, it has never played a major role for me in teaching, learning, or communication. A number of my objections to this presentation tool (or documentation of its abuse) have been well expressed by others across the years.
- In the Harvard Business Review.
- In Edward Tufte’s original thesis that Power Point is Evil
- In Don McMillan’s YouTube classic Life After Death by PowerPoint:
- I am not sure that Slideshare is any less “evil”.
- I’ve never found Prezi served any additional presentation needs for me.